The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday January 11, 2010 at 16:20
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
Its a very sexy remote. Feels good in your hand. WI-FI receiver is very good. Touchscreen is bright and responsive.

I don't like the glossy finish. Maybe im the only one? Sure seems like manufacturers are allover the glossy plastic these days. Finger Print city. I have to walk around for an hour polishing TV's, remotes and source boxes when i leave a job now.

The touchscreen size is OK but i would be happier with another inch. The hard button on the right for page flipping helps though. You dont need Left/Right page arrows wasting screen space.

The hard buttons are very different from anything i have ever seen. They are like a dark metal finish. I assume its just coated plastic but they look really fancy :).

The docking station is very cool IMO. The battery cover is weird. It feels like it will fall right off but it doesnt. It slides off so easy that i wonder how long it would hold up under normal use. I guess i dont know what causes battery covers to fail. Is it because they are on tight and the clips get worn or broken? Then maybe the TPMX-3X battery cover wont fail over time. Who knows.

I cant comment on battery life yet. Fingers crossed! At least they have 'normal' batteries. What i mean is that you can access it by sliding the battery cover off vs the tps-6x that requires a technician to replace the battery. That wouldn't be so bad if the batteries lasted longer than 9 months.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse