The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Monday January 11, 2010 at 03:11
Mr Griffiths
It's my lucky day!
February 2005
my experience of upconverting dvds is very positive i have a panasonic plasma capable of accepting a 1080p 24 frames signal . I previously was watching DVD's on an old but in its time excellent Pioneer DVD 757ai (What Hi-Fi Group Test winner in the April 2003 this was £549.00 at the time) this could output 576p this was connected via component cables which at the time for uk customers was the best res you could get.

I recently dipped my toe in the Blu Ray player water and got a cheap BDP-S360 connected via HDMI this can up convert to 1080p after the usual tweaking of settings i can say the Sony is in a different league in terms of picture quality graphics are noticeably sharper more stable and less edgy , gamma levels are more accurate overall the picture just "pops" in comparison.

This Blu Ray has filled me with joy at what great picture you get but also sadness as in the past decent performing products always cost a premium (which as an enthusiast i was willing to pay)and pushed manufacturers to make quality kit now people expect things too cheap and this stops development due to risky R&D and returns on the investment and forces production in china or India rather than in our own countries . no one burglars your house for a DVD and it will mean Blu ray too any more as its not worth there while. enough of the social commentary back to the player...

for £100 it was a great buy and the up conversion made a difference in my case.

Hosting Services by ipHouse