The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday January 9, 2010 at 13:21
qubie
Lurking Member
January 2010
Does anyone know where or how to find the device remote control code I should use with the remote control supplied standard with a Bell Expressvu 9242 HD PVR in order to use it to control a Harmon Kardon AVR254 surround sound receiver.

The 9242 User Manual suggests three device codes for Tuner/Amplifiers made by Harmon Kardon, namely: 640, 672, 751.

Each of these codes works for Power UP, Volumne UP/Down, Mute (and perhaps other functions I haven't tried) ... BUT ... none of them work to Power Down the HK AVR 254. So I'm still stuck having to keep the HK remote control handy just to turn it off after we're done watching satellite TV.

The 9242 does offer a scan function but it's entirely manual meaning the user has to manually press a button up to 1000 times in order to see if a suitable code is found. Not much fun and you're never sure if you waited long enough or if it actually got found or passed over. For example, after several hundred button presses to increment the device code during the scan process, it still hadn't found any which would turn the HK254 off.

Thanks.

Hosting Services by ipHouse