Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday January 6, 2010 at 01:08
AVXpressions
September 2002
On December 22, 2009 at 15:01, AZ1 said...
I am using a rti xp8 and 2 t3-vs and cannot get any control from the tv. anybody have an example or how the string should look? the tv says to used a crossed cable so i switched the pins 2 and 3 on the rj-45 side that plugs into the xp8. i have the on command as ka 1 1\r and off command as ka 1 0\r. please help

Do you mean that the cat5 cable that you used to connect from the output of the xp8 to their rj45-DB9 adapter is the cable you switched the wiring on pins 2 & 3? If so I am pretty sure that is not correct and that is why you are not ableto control the display.

I typically pull the adapter apart and switch the 2 pins on the 9dsub connector. You can pick up a pin insertion / extraction tool at radio shack for $5 or less. I think you need a typical network crossover cable if you don't want to do that. It's been a while so I'm not positive but check the XP-8 manual. It tells you the pin configuration on each side of their adapter and from there you can make your "patch cable" the way you need it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse