The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday January 4, 2010 at 13:36
kegobeer
Lurking Member
October 2009
For the last few years, my Harmony 880 has done everything I need. However, I've installed a HTPC and my current remote doesn't cut the mustard anymore, and here's why. My HTPC is connected via HDMI to my Onkyo TX-SR605, which is connected via HDMI to my Sharp LC37D43U. In order to get sleep/resume to work correctly, my receiver must be switched to the correct input before the PC resumes from sleep. Now, the Harmony lets me decide the power up order, but I need to power up the receiver, switch to DVD, then power up the TV, then power up the PC. The Harmony is a power everything first, then switch inputs. The big problem is when I'm watching TV and want to switch over to the PC. The PC is turned on, then the receiver switches inputs - which is backwards from what I need. Again, I can't make the Harmony do what I want.

So, I'll move the Harmony to my bedroom to control my basic devices in there, but I need a better remote for my living room. Based on what I need it to do, what do you recommend I buy?

Thanks in advance.

Hosting Services by ipHouse