The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday January 1, 2010 at 15:42
huh?
Lurking Member
January 2010
I have tried all 9 of the codes that are listed for this Magnavox DVD but no luck there. I bought the DVD player at Meijer ~2-3 yrs ago.
I tried code search, using both Power and play keys with CH+/- and went as far as pressing CH+ 2500 times (dedicated, committed or stupid.... you decide!). All that I have to show for my sore thumb is code 0782 which gives "minimal functionality" i.e. the Power button will invoke a Stop command with this code on the DVD button. I also got code 410 to make the Play button open the tray.
Point is the unit will listen to IR. The factory Magnavox remote worked fine until I spilled coffee on it last week... DOH!

I do not have a JP1 cable.

I was able to use code search for the Insignia TV sucessfully because the listed codes didn't do anything. My Insignia model NS-20LCD liked code 1454 on TV.
I finally got the "DTV Pal" digital broadcast converter to work- but it wouldn't go on the DVR/AUX button per the instructions so I put the 2470 code on the alternate listed SAT/CAB button instead. All good there. So now I'm hooked- but the seminal need was for the DVD to have a remote- it won't work without one and I killed the original I can't use that one for learning cause its dead.

So I am clearly new to this universal remote world, in terms of discrete codes, but I do know how to put the codes in, and read them out i.e. read directions and obey the flashing lights....

It just seems very odd that a "big" brand like Magnavox with 9 codes listed for DVD players ranging from 0503 to 1506 wouldn't cover this unit. Perhaps a typo? Is there an additional set of codes somewhere? I already visited rcaacessories.com and called the 800 number to no avail... polite enough but unable to do more than read 9 codes off of the instructions and tell me it won't work.

Any thoughts, including "no way- return the RCRP05B" would be appreciated.
I was surprised to learn that this $13 unit is actually cabable of programming on my PC... but I already have a hobby and would prefer to keep it simple if there's a 4 digit code. I noticed that there is a sister unit at One For All called the OFAP05S.... would their codes work???

HNY and thanks.

Last edited by huh? on January 1, 2010 16:45.

Hosting Services by ipHouse