The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Monday December 28, 2009 at 01:07
GPeck
Long Time Member
February 2003
On December 27, 2009 at 17:26, JoeFlabitz said...
How are you qualified? Have you attended any of URC's programming classes?

Oh... I haven't attended a "certified class." That must mean I don't know what I'm doing?

10 bucks says most of the CI's who've set their customers' RF IDs to 0 have taken the "classes." And, did it stick? Do they *really* know what they're doing?

I've written 8 books on the software package that I specialize in. And, the last time I attended a "certification class" was about 8 years ago. Most of the "certified class" attendees can parrot the 15 points that are covered in that class and, other than that, have few clues about the real-world application of the software. And, BTW... I never have, and never will, advocate that the vendor of the software I specialize in pull it from the general market and only distribute it through "certified professionals."

Now, I'm programming my new MSC-400 with my MX-980, my MX-850, and my MX-350. My "took the classes" CI hasn't a clue about my particular environment or requirements and actually asked me to e-mail URC directly with a question that I eventually figured out for myself. So much for the "classes."

The sooner we all stop the BS and just admit the obvious here, the sooner we'll all be able to move forward:

Some CI's here feel the way to ensure business is to not allow their customers to program their own remotes, whether they really have the capabilities or not--and URC knuckled under to them. Ultimately, do you *REALLY* think the way to ensure your successful future is to hold your customers hostage? Or, will the true path to success be continued real-world knowledge and high-quality service?

Last edited by GPeck on December 28, 2009 02:04.

Hosting Services by ipHouse