The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Friday December 25, 2009 at 18:36
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
They are right. We can't answer your question unless you give us a question with enough details that we can give correct details. That's what that last half of my signature is all about.

Your thread title indicates that you know the best solution to your problem, but your first post is smarter than that: it says what you think mght work, then says "or something," leaving it up to us to suggest approaches. Maybe different codes aren't the best solution to your problem.

Hey, william -- are there that many code sets? I know you can associate several receivers with RF remotes such that each remote only talks to one receiver, but does this work for IR, too?

Also, I'd be wary of choosing a bunch of different IR code sets for receivers. What if something fails and you need to pull out a new factory remote to try out the receiver? You then have to reset that receiver and remote to the proper codeset before you can even start to test! Anyone you send out for troubleshooting will have to be able to switch IR codes in receivers and remotes. You'll never be able to have the client on the phone, tell him to take a factory remote up close to the receiver and try it out.... I'd rather go for IR routing.

Which brings us back to...what exact equipment are you trying to control? Add to that, trying to control with what remotes? At what budget? At what distance? With how many remotes?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse