Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday December 24, 2009 at 17:29
Ron Aronson
June 2002
On December 20, 2009 at 10:51, gbh62 said...
My remote is the AAP040. It doesn't have a USE MODE button. It does have an INPUT MODE button. I tried all the listed sequences from the sticky page. None works. I also called Sony this morning and they confirmed the unit itself can be toggled from Av1 to Av2, but the remote cannot. :(

It's been so long since I added a receiver to my thread that I almost forgot how bad Sony is with their manuals. There is not one hint of "command mode" anywhere in the manual and I haven't even found the procedure for changing the receiver yet so it's a good thing that a verified procedure was posted.

Before I add this to my thread, please try the following procedure for the remote and see if it works. The RM-AAP024 has all the same buttons as the RM-AAP040 so I am really hoping it works.

To switch the command mode of the RM-AAP024 Main Remote for the STR-DA2400 (STR-DG920), as this is all the info i have at the moment on the remotes.
1. Press I/O while pressing RM Setup. The RM Setup button flashes and the shift button indicator lights up.
2. Press 1 or 2 while the RM Setup button flashing.
a. When you press 1, the command mode is set to AV System 1.
b. When you press 2, the command mode is set to AV System 2.
3. Press ENT/MEM when the RM Setup button lights up.
a. The RM Setup button flashes twice, then the command mode setting process is complete.

Hosting Services by ipHouse