The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Monday December 21, 2009 at 16:55
Johnny Canuck
Long Time Member
January 2003
On December 21, 2009 at 12:14, smokinghot said...
RTI shuts the door on the enduser before they even know that one exisited. I'm really starting to think RTI's decision with their policy has nothing to do with protecting dealers but to actually prevent the negative p.r. these knuckle dragging intellectuals spew about URC. A company that allows them the opprotunity to diy.

Not entirely true. URC has basically closed the door on DIY. While still possible, it is pretty difficult, especially as more and more product will only work with CCP with no standalone editor. The truth is that these days, URC doesn't provide the opportunity to try. They used to welcome the DIY community. Now they've kicked them to the curb. That's why there's so much venom directed at them, the DIY community feels a little betrayed ... URC was perfectly happy while it grew its business to a certain point to embrace DIYers and then turned their backs on them.

RTI doesn't get the abuse because there's no argument to make. They've never embraced the DIY community so there's no reason for people to feel betrayed or experience the impact of a sudden sea change in policy.

Note ... I am not debating the policy, that's a completely wearisome exercise, simply giving my perspective on why URC gets so much heat directed at them.

Hosting Services by ipHouse