The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday December 20, 2009 at 19:45
hypnotic7
Lurking Member
December 2009
Hi. I am working on programming URC remote so it control the pc which is connected to the tv. You can buy any remote control / windows media center remote for pc which comes with the IR dongle. I bought from amazon for $20 a Wireless USB PC Remote Control Mouse for PC [Link: amazon.com] which comes with a IR dongle. This remote has most of the keyboard functions, mouse control and also 4 shortcuts which u can set in a macro to open any program. Be aware that its a non brand name and there is no ir codes available. You will have to learn each code with your remote. I had a bit of a hard time learning but this is my first time programming such a remote. If you decide to buy this particular one i can attach the codes that i was able to retrieve. After getting all the codes i setup 2 different shortcuts to run windows media center and boxee and it works pretty well.

I am also working on getting the ir codes to control the mouse but i it still not moving in all the right directions. I am sure it's possible to do.

Good luck!

Hosting Services by ipHouse