The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Tuesday December 15, 2009 at 08:48
Joe C5
Founding Member
May 2002
Ok, as a non-professional installer I feel his pain. Please notice he mentioned his dealer went out of buisness. I think that is a key point. Yes he did come here to vent, but then again have we not all done so at some point in our lives... I suspect if he called URC and explained his situation, they might actually give him what he wants (the CCP Software instead of the standalone). By moving to CCP, those who got software before the change are "sort of" left out in the cold if their dealer can not or is unwilling to upgrade them. I completely understand URC's stance here. As mentioned they do not want to be the focal point for newbie questions, the remotes are more difficult to program than the Harmony (for good reason), and they want to make sure the dealers and thier installers are not left out in the cold (lost sales). My dealer is perfectly fine giving me the software because they know I would not purchase it otherwise, and I have never called them up with a question. Plus I pay the price he wants, which is a lot more than if I went by other means (he gets a nice profit). Win-win for them (but I have cut thier installer out of his fee - but as I said, that would have never happened). This is the same problem throughout the Electronics industry. There is a VERY small group of talented or discerning folks who can not (or are unwilling) to spend the premium required for the "cool stuff". Same problem with all high end stuff. They probably are not even a blip on the radar of the Manufacturers and Installers (and thus probably have no affect on thier bottom line).

Hosting Services by ipHouse