The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday December 14, 2009 at 22:49
The_Steve_Man
Long Time Member
July 2007
Let's say I am a consumer, like yourself and URC lets all consumers have the software. I start to program the remote, but I just can't wrap my head around it. So I call URC tech support for help. Lets say they spend an hour with me on the phone.

Now, 20 other people call in because they have issues. If they call the same time that I am on the phone, they would need 20 techs or somebody is going to be hold.

I don't believe URC wants to hire people just to walk people through basic macro or ir routing to thousands of people.

I am not saying that you are not capable of programming the remote but that is the reason they don't give out the software to everybody.

They give the dealer the option the give you the software, that way when you have a problem you ask the dealer for help not call URC's help hotline. I believe they would rather spend their time making better remotes than having walk somebody through a basic program.

Have you tried to call to get help on a Harmony remote? It takes forever to get through and after like 60 days, no phone help for you. That is because they thought they could make it where any Tom, Dick, and Harry could configure a remote for their entertainment system. And they make crap remotes.
There is a great need for a Sarcasm font!

Hosting Services by ipHouse