The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Wednesday December 2, 2009 at 15:25
JoeyCes
One In A Million
May 2004
I have been using Adobe Photoshop since the early days.

I originally made an investment in Photoshop long ago, and dedicated a lot of time to understanding all aspects. I have taken classes and have made the commitment to learn the "Adobe" way.

As of now, just about every creative software I use stems from Adobe, I use Dreamweaver for all my web work, I use Flash (liked it better when Macromedia owned it), Fireworks for anything Vector based (superior to Photoshop with vector), and I have started to use Premier for all my video needs (works great with High Definition video). Photoshop is my most used graphic program, and will always be.

I have dabbled with Corel, PSP and GIMP, and they all are amazing programs that can do most of what Photoshop can do.

I guess after years of creating scrips, actions, styles & brushes, it is pretty hard to move away, and now that I am becoming very involved with Photography (doing any side jobs to make money these days), Photoshop is proving more useful than ever.

I used to use Photoshop for advertising back in 2000 with a data capture company I used to work for, and I had the copy sitting around on my home desktop really not being used. I then stumbled into the Pronto TSU2000/6000 and started to see that graphic elements were becoming big with remote controls. Around 2001 I found this site, and after I downloaded a few graphic files for my first 6000, I figured I would start to create my own. In 2002 I created an account here to start uploading to the site, but had some tradgedy in my life around that time, lost my desktop, my remote and a lot of other things in my life.

I got back into things around 2004, created a new account here under my current name, and I started to upload silly graphic stuff to the files area. Right around that time, I started to get real serious with GUI's and design with a new company I started working for, and when I saw how much I was creating, I wanted to create a website to give away the stuff I created. I figured that since I started by downloading free items from here, might as well keep the tradition going and give away free stuff myself. That is how xCom got started. I have been very fortunate for this site, as I have had many contacts and done some pretty impressive stuff with contacts from this site, which is why I will always donate here and participate.

Oh yeah, sorry, we were talking about programs...

Photoshop is my addiction, but I secretly keep PSP on my home desktop.

Hosting Services by ipHouse