The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday December 2, 2009 at 01:10
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
Fireworks. I started playing with paint when i got my win95 HP. Nothing fancy just playing around at the time. Around 99 i bought a new PC and started surfing the internet more often. I wanted to build a website and started learning html and css. I needed a logo for my new site so i did some research for graphic editing software and found Macromedia Fireworks MX.

I learned to use it enough to do basic image editing and simple graphic creation but i never really went after learning how to use it. In 2004 (i think) we dropped Phast and started using Crestron. We were Crestron dealers forever but didnt sell much until then. I learned Crestron Application Builder and started toying with GUI design.

I really didnt know what i was doing, the panels didnt support transparent .png so i used plain buttons. At one point we got involved in a large project with Crestrons brand new TPMC-10's and we bought a guifx template. I wasnt able to make it work for us because i didnt have much in the way of graphic skills so we were not able to keep it looking consistent. That when the boss said "lets design our own". That was when i started to get serious about graphic design.

At every project i would learn a little more. By 2007 we had a very logical and attractive (IMO) GUI and in 2008 we decided to give it a face lift. 2 weeks of arguing back and forth with the boss and we came up with something really nice. We have been using that interface ever since. Just about everyone of our customers has the new GUI now. I updated most of our old clients to the new template.

Thats right around when i started posting here at RC. I created guijaboard.com and started posting silly photoshop stuff and freebie graphics. Then i registered wiremunky.com and moved all the silly stuff and installation photos there and made guijaboard all about GUI. Then one thing led to another and i added the online store.

MSPAINT RULEZ!

Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse