Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday March 13, 2001 at 10:18
Rob Wright
Historic Forum Post
I have been spending lots of time perusing the documents I downloaded from RC. I've looked through the Pronto owner's manual, the ProntoEdit manual, and the Pronto FAQ guide. Read it all, understand about half. Guess you need to actually attempt programming to learn to program, as funny as that sounds. Even after completely reading the three documents I mentioned, I am still longing for someone to write a short step by step "tutorial" for creating an ultra-simple CCF for the purpose of seeing how it's done. Even an overview of how the Pronto utilizes the CCF would be helpful. Trying the emulator with various CCF's I've downloaded from RC produces unexpected (to me) results. Sometimes a CCF will come up on the home panel, while others start at a different panel (apparently without a "jump" to that panel). Gonna take a while to get it down. Saw one post that did request this, but the response was a link to the FAQ. The FAQ will help once you get a grasp on how to program, but when you're just getting started it's hard to know where to begin. Design guidelines and tips for laying out a useful user interface would be very welcome to Newbies. If nobody has a chance to create a short walkthrough tutorial, maybe I'll take a stab at it when I figure out the program. May take quite a while, however. Yours, Rob.

Hosting Services by ipHouse