The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday November 25, 2009 at 21:39
wogster
Long Time Member
November 2009
On November 25, 2009 at 19:55, BillFromGI said...

I used 14 gauge "hanging basket" wire that was purchased from the local hardware store for the latest "creation". A 50 foot spool was $5. East to work with, easy to bend, and it is cheaper than romex.

Make the bowties 10 inches and the feed wires between the bowties 9 inches. Be sure to cross the feeds between the top set and second set as well as the bottom & third set. Use a 2 by 4 piece of wood that about 1 meter long to attach/screw the wire to (use skinny side). Attach the balun between the 2nd and 3rd bowties (right in the middle). Lastly, find a cardboard box, cut a 1 meter by 1/3 meter piece, glue aluminum foil on it (glue stick works great for this), and tack it to the back of the antenna. Point it out a south-facing (Toronto location) or north-facing (WNY location) window and volia!

Once I figure out how to upload photos here I'll put up some pics of the antennas that were made and work really well.

Does an antenna need to sit with the board in a vertical position, or would it work just as well in a horizontal position?  Just worried about the height of an antenna that size, frankly the window is only about 65cm high, so a 1m high antenna isn't going to work.....  :-(

Hosting Services by ipHouse