The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Thursday November 19, 2009 at 22:46
Herman Trivilino
Long Time Member
February 2007
On October 9, 2009 at 14:39, mjsummer said...
i've just been giving a PANASONIC SA-HE7 reciever is that any good for hd audio of any kind it has optical connection, i know its a few years old but seems as new .

Have you hooked it up yet? If you use the optical cable, you'll at least get the Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, which was the audio standard for DVD. If the SA-HE7 has the dts logo it will be able to decode dts, too.

Now, you won't get the lossless dts-HD or Dolby TrueHD audio formats when you play a Blu-ray disc, but you will get the dts core and the Dolby Digital 5.1. Both of these are going to sound great. I'm still not convinced that the lossless formats are going to sound any better!

I know that the lossless tracks can sound better, but that could be simply because they're authored better. You'll be able to listen to those better-authored tracks, it's just that they'll have been compressed using a lossy algorithm. A process that degrades the audio, but I'm not convinced it'd be discernable.

There's a third lossless format: PCM. You'll not get any audio out of your surround speakers when listening to these audio tracks on your blu-ray player.

Last edited by Herman Trivilino on December 6, 2009 21:13.
Origin: Big Bang

Hosting Services by ipHouse