Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday November 15, 2009 at 23:06
RTI Installer
March 2002
On November 15, 2009 at 09:12, jimstolz76 said...
No, no port conflict.  I only have the Clock, Weather, Escient, and Russound drivers installed right now. 
The Pioneer is/was on port 1, the Escient is IP, and the Russound is on port 2.

The only thing I don't like is that the Escient driver shows that you have an rs232 port selected even though you have TCP selected as the protocol.  The serial port drop-down should grey out or flip to N/A or something like that.  It does happen to show that it's connected to port 1 even though I'm not using 232 for it.

So you guys are saying I should be able to get 2-way from this receiver?  Just with some funky standby power behavior?

Ah Ha, it looks like you do have a port conflict, I know you are using IP with the escient, however it defaults to RS232 port 1 until told to be something else, I had this same problem, so even though you are using IP you need to go in and change the escient driver to an unused serial port and then switch it back to IP, I know this sounds wacko, but what I think is happening is the XP8 is reserving port 1 for the escient, so you need to tell it to let go of that port so another driver can take full possession of it.

I hope this works for you
Never Ignore the Obvious -- H. David Gray

Hosting Services by ipHouse