The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Saturday November 14, 2009 at 01:55
SOUND.SD
Loyal Member
April 2006
On November 12, 2009 at 15:52, rob17 said...
IMO, you shouldnt have to reset a remote, especially if the cause has anything to do with a poor battery design. I have to disagree that it doesnt make you look unprofessional, or maybe I should say it looks better if you dont have to tell a customer to reset a device. If you accept these quirks, then its rebooting a media server,then a modem, then a router,then a control processor. Where do you draw the line? You're right its not a cordless phone. In a day where everyone has a cell phone, its even more important than a cordless phone, its the control gateway to sometimes, their entire house. I'm not trying to sound like a wise guy, and I don't want to start a debate, but when you mentioned the smart phone analogy, It got me thinking. Ive owned 3 Windows mobile smartphones (1) Samsung and (2) Motorola. All did need to be reset from time to time. I've also owned and still own (2) blackberrys and have never reset either one--maybe its coincidence or maybe its better hardware/software, I don't know. Just an idea, but if I was RTI I would find out where say, Panasonic Telephone division, gets their batteries (probably Panasonic), and get their batteries from them. If it costs more, I'd pay it, to look a little more professional.

I have owned 4 Blackberry's. All had to be reset at least once per week. My Blackberry storm is the most touchy device I have ever owned. It took me 4 days to get it up (hybrid OS etc) and running and I have to reset it once a day. But its worth it and I dont mind....its just part of the deal for now.
Bulldog AV - San Diego, CA
www.bulldog-av.com
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse