Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday November 8, 2009 at 04:16
SonusLegacy
Long Time Member
November 2009
Hey yall (I am from Los Angeles)!!!

Okay... So I have sold and programmed 3 Q50's... All of them using Onkyo rs-232 capable receivers. I love how they work... to know that I am not reliant on just IR is comforting. I did one system about three months ago and my client called and stated that the iPOD (DS-A2) no longer displays on his television. I programmed two new systems about the same time he called with the new Onkyo (707 and 807) and no display... Just took a check in the manual (haven't done that one in years) and saw that you have to tell the input (in my case, the GAME input) that it is now an iPOD dock... k my dumby mistake... but will that ensure that On-Screen info always is present when my clients select iPOD? Does anyone know what discrete rs-232 command is the right one? All RI -iPOd commands start with "CDS". I do have the Onkyo/Integra official protocol for rs-232 codes, but cannot find a "CDS" display or osd command...

My other issue is that the Q50 is having connectivity issues... Yes they had a baby monitor and I disconnected it seemed to work okay but range is not what is should be....still have drop problems... updated software moved the NC-Connect so that it is not behind a cupboard... Like the remotes... for the most part... going to start replacing stuff... don't want to do that if I do not have to...

Any loose advise would be welcomed... Thanks
fall down seven times... stand up eight!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse