The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 50 made on Friday November 6, 2009 at 19:57
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On November 5, 2009 at 16:39, nrwatson said...
Can version 1 be used with TSU9800 having real difficulties with transparent buttons in the latest version

I'm close to purchasing a TSU9800 myself and will not be using PEP 2 for anything other than a download tool. I'll be doing all my work in PEP v1.1.20 for both my TSU9600 and TSU9800, then opening the file temporarily in PEP 2 when needing to either download to the TSU9800 or test ProntoScript via the Simulator.

That being said, there is one thing one needs to account for programming wise per the TSU9800 over the TSU9600. The TSU9800 has two additional hard buttons, "Info" and "Back". These hard buttons can easily be programmed for outside of PEP 2 however, thanks to PEP v1.2.60 for the TSU9400 as the TSU9400 also offers these hard buttons. That programming is then retained once reopening and saving the file back in PEP v1.1.20 for the TSU9600 even though the GUI doesn't provide access to those hard buttons. This allows you to then simply open the file in PEP 2 for download to the TSU9800. In fact, what I plan to do per my XCF is add ProntoScript functions for the "Info" and "Back" hard buttons via the TSU9400 editor. Once saving the file, then reopening and saving the file back in the TSU9600 editor I'll be set to go. I won't ever need to go back to the TSU9400 editor per programming these hard buttons. If at any given point I want to change what the "Info" and "Back" hard buttons are assigned to do I'll simply update the function I've assigned to each at the activity level for a given device. So in a word, you can have your cake and eat it too. Your "cake" being PEP 1, and the "eating it to" being the ability to then download your XCF to the TSU9800 per PEP 2 without having to do any actual programming in PEP 2.

Last edited by Lowpro on November 6, 2009 20:14.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse