The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday October 25, 2009 at 02:50
SOUND.SD
Loyal Member
April 2006
So I get a panicked call from a client Thursday night that the K4 that controls the entire bar has "frozen". I return the call immediately at 8pm on Thursday and ask the bar manager to reset the controller. He says he has done this and it is still functioning intermittently.

The next day the owner calls me and explains that I am causing his business a black eye because this looks bad to his patrons. I stop everything and go down there immediatley and change the power supply from a 12vdc to a 16vdc. Everything was ok when I was there and everything was even better when I left. I noticed that installing the 16vdc power supply seemed to fix a rolling bar on the video of the screen. I assumed that the problem was solved.

I get another panicked call that it froze again and the live music is starting @ 8pm.

I finish the job we are on and head south to the bar. Prime traffic. Took about 1 hour to travel 25 miles. Paid $20 to park.

I walk in and pull the protective cover off the screen (a custom cover they had made to protect the controller from beer) and the buttons start pressing as I was pulling the screen off. Turns out the screen protector had sticky beer residue on it which had thrown of the calibration and sensitivity.

Easy fix. Problem solved.

I am happy to fix these problems but I get really frustrated when clients quickly place blame on the product or our installation. Confidence from a client goes a long way. Without it, small issues get magnified and panic ensues.

End of story.
Bulldog AV - San Diego, CA
www.bulldog-av.com
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse