Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Monday October 19, 2009 at 18:24
shawnduhast
Lurking Member
October 2009
Hi John

Sorry to disappoint you but that battery has only 3 wires.

I have just taken my Nevo SL apart as it no longer holds a charge and Armour Electronics who distribute Nevo in the UK want £60 + VAT (sales Tax) @15% £69 with fitting on top and they have none in stock and when they hear from their supplier in a few days in Holland it will then take 3 wks before they get them...lovely, not!

I too would like to fit a more powerful and cheaper replacement.

Anyway NevoSL is dead easy to open:

1. Prise out the lower two rubber feet and you will see small pozidrive screws - remove these.
2. At the bottom, pull apart gently, and it folds upwards on some tags.

Be very careful when pulling it apart as there is a tag at the bottom that could break.

Now the battery that's in there is a Samsung SDI Lithium Ion with 4 wires red, green, white, black coming from a very small circuit board on the top of the battery which goes to a black plug very similar to the one on the battery you linked too.

Dimensions are: L52xW36xH4mm. Length is 59mm incl circuit board as it's height and width are the same as the battery.

Now I understand, from the Nevo SL sales brochure, that this is a 1350 mAh battery that takes a +5V DC charge at 500mA.

I will be researching this in England and will keep you updated :-)

First stop tomorrow will be Samsung HO which is only 10miles away from me and I have a contact there :-)

Last edited by shawnduhast on October 19, 2009 18:34.
Metal Damage, Brain Damage...Are you listening Bronze? I am the Nightrider. I'm a Fuel Injected Suicide Machine......

Hosting Services by ipHouse