The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 109 made on Wednesday October 7, 2009 at 19:18
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
Glad it works for you. you have not mention which motor , but keep in mind that for a big dish like a 1.2 meter , you need a powerful motor , either the Stab 120 or the new DG 360 (sold by Sadoun) I beleive it is called. read the documentation of the motor and see if it can drive such a big dish.

you do not need a 39" Dish (requires the Satb 100 motor), a 36 Dish is fine for the GTA. I even use an 80 cm dish (32") for Hispasat 30W which is very low in the sky but I recommend a 90 cm dish (36") to track the whole arc with a motor since then you would want to get all potential signals. you are a microwave engineer so you probably know this.

On ku, there is nothing FTA above 129W. BTW I chequed today and the Sun was behind the top of the roof of my neighborg for 139W (it is been cloudy all day these days) so that is why I can not get that sat on Cband. Came to late to home to check for 135W, will try tomorrow , but got a feeling that one clears the roof perfectly. Anyways, Dishpointer is a great tool but it is not 100% precise nor was my math I guess, lol. Well I was limited on the potential locations for the BUD anyways.

Being cloudy of course does not help , since the RF noise emited by the Sun , unlike the light , does not get blocked. But it helps to protect the LNB during the Sun Interference since on a very Sunny and hot day it could damage it . Not a bad idea to aim it away or use non shiny reflective dishes eh?

The funny thing is , ( I have being recording shows from several SATS these days at the exact time of the Sun interference) today the Univision channel on 91W did not suffer any interference at all but yesterday it did. On 30W , some signals were blocked , specially the Uruguayan which uses DVB-S2, but the more powerfulls , Cuban and Spanish Muxes have suffered a decrease in levels up to close the minimum but they have managed to keep working 100% so far but tomorrow even those must go down at least 2-3 minutes. The colombian Mux was also affected today. Oct 8 and 9th are the dates for my location when the sun travels exactly behind the Sats in the sky. the higher the frecuency of the signal the less affected it gets by the Sun.

But I am unable to find an explanation as to why today this Univision signal was not affected (Cband , Galaxy) . Too bad the Bell PVR decided on its own not to record a TVO show (Bell ku band) today to compare since both signals are coming from the same orbital position 91W. The HD channel from 82W was recorded perfectly but that SAT is very new and powerfull therefore I am expecting it will only get affected by Oct 9th probably.

The RF noise from the Sun radiation , decreses the Carrier/N ratio (since the Noise level increases) or if you prefer Signal/N level to a point were the receiver no longer is able to decode the info. for powerful TP signals that usually have higher Signal levels , then they get affected a lot less by this Sun Outages but at some point the Sun will inevitably be exactly behind the Sat and then in that case Ni el medico chino te salva , lol.

Lyngsat is kept by Users like us , most of them from Europe that do not have LOS to our NA sats. For that reason European Sats get updated more often and their info is more accurate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse