The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 108 made on Wednesday October 7, 2009 at 14:58
donnyjaguar
Long Time Member
January 2008
Given I'm from the side of the family with no business sense there's no danger of me being home during the day to watch TV.

Good on the East and West. I agree, there's nothing much beyond 129°W worth aiming for. I've made very good headway with the Ku band dish motor. It needs a very minor tweak to bring some of the signals up on 97°W and above. This could be sag on my mounting pole too (probably is). I'm gonna move the dish to a different location on my wall and use a more sturdy mounting pole which I'm fabricating. Also going to install a Channelmaster 39" dish on the motor. These work better all round from what I've been told.

I did find a number of grievous errors on the Lyngsat lists so last night I started blind-scanning all the birds. Definitely picked up more channels. At about 10 minutes each it takes a while so I'll finish this off tonight. This USALS thing works perfectly. I've been unable to trick the motor by changing channels quickly and powering it down during moves. Much better than a typical TV antenna rotor!
Donny Jaguar

Hosting Services by ipHouse