The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday October 5, 2009 at 21:24
markiej
Lurking Member
October 2009
I just overhauled my home theater. I've had my pronto TS1000 for like 10 years. Since the last time I had to change my config, I bought a new home pc. So now I no longer have a a serial port or an xp (or lower) pc upon which to program this bugger. I have tried and tried with two usb-serial adapters, using two different chips (including the Prolific 2303 which supposedly works). I've tried pronto and tonto. I'm at a loss.

I actually bought a Harmony, thinking "oh, this'll do." It will not do. I am a tweaker, and it was so hard to adjust the center channel, or tweak the color etc. And it had a heck of a time changing the inputs on my projector.

So, I'm at my wits end here. I would buy a new pronto with USB support in a heartbeat if they weren't 8 billion dollars. Is there anyone out there able to get there pronto to connect to a usb-only vista system? And if not, what are my options. It's crazy because the technology behind the pronto is dead cheap now. Why do these remotes still need to cost hundreds? (don't answer that - it's a supply/demand issue)

That's like 8 questions in one, but I'm at my wits end

Thanks!
Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse