The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 106 made on Monday October 5, 2009 at 18:55
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
With the motor none , I will have to use a telescope that I do not have, lol.

On Ku , from 30W to 129W (nothing beyond 129W on Ku anyways and the motor is not installed nowadays BTW) when the tripod was in the center of the patio. For the 1.8 m C band Dish , from 58W to 135W in the summer , and I am hoping in the winter when the tree has no leaves to go as east as 43W (nothing interesting beyond to 30W). I guess I miscalculated something when selecting the location for the 3" pole because I was hoping to get 137W and 139 W on C band but a neighbourgs roof blocks it (today it was also cloudy , maybe tomorrow I will be able to see the Sun during the Solar Interference and see what mistake I made). the big 1.8 m has no actuator arm yet and probably will never have since everytime I get used to a particular channel or show, it eithers disapear or gets scrambled.

With a USALS motor , you can drive the motor + - 65 degrees from your longitude , so that gives you an idea. some extreme sats you have to use DiseqC to drive the motor there because using USALS it falls above 65 degrees. Telestar 12 at 15W comes to mind, with USALS the Stab motor does not move , but I can move it to 22W and then select DiseqC and keep moving to 15W.

BTW , any progress with your set up?

Hosting Services by ipHouse