The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday October 3, 2009 at 13:54
thxext
Long Time Member
December 2005
Thank you VERY much for the info. Somehow I missed that 232F were null and 232M were not. This is very important as you already know so this is a big help.

Now for the good news, SUCCESS! I finally was able to get this projector to respond via RS232 commands. I found a great little tester for Sony Projectors here -> [Link: the-gordons.net]. Once this worked, it revived my hope that I would succeed because I knew the projector was capable of receiving these codes. Next I followed the MSC’s manual and used hyper terminal to compare what was being sent from the MSC and the utility. Once I verified that these were the exact same, I tried testing again with the MSC on the VW40 with both the RS232F and RS232M both with and without the null modem adapter.. The commands continued to not work. I then moved the triggers to the remote and tested without using the MSC’s software. Still, the test did not work (with RS232M). I was about to give up and post my results here, but I had 2 tests left. First I was going to add the null modem adapter and test again. If that failed I was going to document the pin out throughout the entire chain and compare them to that of using the computer with the utility. Fortunately, adding the null modem adapter worked and I did not have to trace all of the pin outs. Ultimately, the thing I find the most discouraging was that I had to set the triggers from the remote for the test to work instead of simply testing from the software (yes the MSC was connected to the computer and responding).

Thanks again for your help and for anyone else that has the same issue, be sure to add hyper terminal to your troubleshooting steps.

Hosting Services by ipHouse