The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 102 made on Thursday October 1, 2009 at 17:47
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
the motor has a 70 degree mechanical limit but the electronic limit will not allow it to go further 65 degrees. as part of the USALS menu you can also set limits with in +- 5 to +- 65 which I recommend you to do in this case. but do not worry unless you select a sat so far away east (beyond 30W since that one is 54 degrees) the motor will never drive the dish to the limits as part of its configuration. the motor knows where Cero is and all it cares is how many degrees east or west it has to rotate for a particular sat. for instance we live at 79W yet the 30W needs the motor to rotate 54 degrees counterclockwise. for my location even 15W (telestar 12) is just out of the USALS limits therefore the motor will not drive there using USALS (you can still drive it manually using DiseqC 1.2 though). for most of GTA Hispasat at 30W is the farthest east sat with LOS. even the sat at 22 is for most people probably blocked by buildings or trees.

I am assuming the motor is STAB but most motors work very similar if not the same. If in the future you no longer need the limits then using the USALS menu again you can delete those limits you set previously. My hat goes off to the italians from STAB who designed the USALS systems and motors. they are so easy to install and set up once you understand how it works (provided that the pole was plumb otherwise it could become a nightmare).

If the receiver looses power when driving the motor or in some other cases that the motor does not keep driving the dish to the exact location so you loose signal , then just using USALS perform a Go To Cero function so the motor once again knows where Cero is. in most cases it solves the problem. For the most part you do not have to do this. You can also combine USALS for some sats and DiseqC 1.2 for some others although I prefer to set it up properly to use USALS only.

Hosting Services by ipHouse