The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 100 made on Wednesday September 30, 2009 at 18:10
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
ok I got it now (the carpenter level comment made me think you were refering to the pole). Do not worry about true south 180 degrees. what you need is to drive the motor using Usals to SAT AMC 5 @ 79W (that is the closest to true south 180 degrees for our location) and then manually rotate the whole motor/dish assembly to get the signal. I did an install for a friend with 2 motors and 3 viewsats (ultra and extreme) receivers and they all had the USALS in the menu , I just do not remember exactly where now. and yes the usals on viewsat works perfectly. I beleive you had to exit the USALS menu for the receiver to actually drive the motor (on my coolsats as soon as you select USALS it drives the motor accordingly). It also has diseqC 1.2 provisions since every receiver at least have that one.

check lyngsat.com for the exact parameters for each TP. make sure you also select an active TP. you might have to adjust the Dish elevation as well since most are up to 4 degrees off.

LAST but not least , make sure there is no switch between the receiver and the motor. any switch has to be installed after the motor. first start without any switch (some ecoda 22khz switches will work with the current draw by the motor but most switches will get blown at some point) then add the switches between the lnb and the motor as needed.

Hosting Services by ipHouse