The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 98 made on Tuesday September 29, 2009 at 17:18
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
yes the signal it is still there. you can also try KTEL TeleMundo (spanish network) on that very same sat 11900H I guess. Other than that the rest are feeds.

I do not get what you mean by 180 degrees?. The pole or J arm where the motor sits has to be plumb or perfectly vertical in other words 90 degrees with respect of the horizontal. Let me stress it again , perfectly plumb for the Dish to track the Clarke Belt Arc properly otherwise it will work for some sats but not for others.

Again make sure it is plumb in every direction, yes it is that important.

Then , install the motor and set the motor elevation scale to your latitude , for us living in the GTA around 43.7. Some motors have a declination angle but most not , I prefer the italian Stab that BTW does not. Also set the elevation scale on the Dish as recommended by www.dishpointer or other calculation method. Set the LNB SKEW to 0 since the motor will skew the whole dish as it travels accross the arc.

Then using the receiver menu drive the motor to the USALS location (the receiver will use the USALS algorith to calculate how many degrees to rotate clockwise or counterclockwise accordingly. Most people start with the true south sat (the sat closest to your longitude, 79W in this case) but this is just to make it easier you could in theory use any sat in the arc.

Then rotate the WHOLE DISH MOTOR assembly to find the signal you might have to also adjust the Dish elevation a bit as well (not the motor elevation which is fixed at your latitude). Make sure you rotate the whole DISH motor assembly and not only the dish. After you find that signal , that is it, the rest will fall in place provided you made sure the pole was PLUMB. Just check the farthest east and west satellite and enjoy the ever less unscrambled programming. Soon between new broadcast formats and more channels being scrambled there will be nothing to watch , well, for communist spanish speaking people you will still get the cuban tv on Hispasat at 30 W , lol.

For hard to get Sats with USALS you can use DisecQ 1.2 to fine drive the motor to improve signal but USALS should get you almost everything if not all.

Anyhow no matter how the motor is set or if the pole is not plumb , you should get the first sat no matter what. make sure all conections are ok and that you are selecting an active TP. I am assuming you are.

Hosting Services by ipHouse