The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Tuesday September 29, 2009 at 15:47
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On September 28, 2009 at 15:05, djy said...
Sigh, I should have expected it.

We thank you I sigh. Hopes.

This is the sort of stuff you'll find here.
Here are sorted to find something like this.

Equilibrium in two steps!

Notice that there's no "I" in "team" but you can't have "equilibrium" without a dose of librium.

Actually, that web site's idea, equilibrium, is sort of strange. I found when learning German and when translating that you have to go back and forth from dictionary to dictionary because every word has not one meaning but a cluster, a set of meanings, and you only have success in translation if the meaning sets in the two languages overlap sufficiently and with the meaning you intend.

There's the classic Jimmy Carter's idiot translator who didn't learn the first lesson about "know." When we know a fact, that's the proper definition. But to say "know a person" in most European languages requires a completely separate verb. Otherwise it's carnal knowledge. Carter told a Polish official something about screwing him.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse