Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday September 16, 2009 at 10:40
FP Crazy
June 2003
Now, I need to start this week. I can't get a rise out of Jeff, so perhaps Dale (or anyone who feels like chiming in) can give me some thoughts. Here goes:

At least one MSC400 and probably 2-3 MRF350s all sharing 2-3 RFX250 antennas.

I’ve done multiple antennas to one MSC400 and I’ve done multiple base stations not sharing antennas, but I’ve never done a mix of base stations all sharing the same multiple antennas. Can this be done? Is it even a good idea?

The customer already has 3 MRF350s (probably will only need 2 though). All equipment (except TVs throughout the house) will all be located in a central rack in the basement. It’s a big house (7000-8000 square feet) with TV/zone locations everywhere (even in an outdoor pool house). I need the MSC400 because I have a couple of devices with RS232. The existing MRF350s are being used because I have so many damn devices I need to control. If it really makes a difference, I can ditch the MRF350s and go with another MSC400 but I’m not sure that 24 ports will get this system (so I may need all 3 existing 350s in addition to the MSC400 I am selling them).

Remotes will be an MX6000; MX3000; MX980 (x2); MX900; MX880 (x4~6). Only 4 people in the house, so I’m not too worried about RF collisions.

Also, I’m aware of the need to keep the RFX250 antennas at least 50-60+ feet apart. I’m also aware of the need to wire up multiple RFX antennas on multiple base stations via the phoenix connectors (not the 1/8” stereo plug in jacks).
I've done several searches both here and on IP but can't find anyone posting on this exact scenario.
Chasing Ernie's post count, one useless post at a time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse