The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday September 15, 2009 at 14:46
toftat
Lurking Member
September 2009
Hey folks, I have been seeing some intermittent issues with my x10 install. These problems have suddenly started within the last few days, and I am unaware of any new kit that's been plugged in.

My (modest) x10 install currently exists of a phase coupler, a CM11A, 3 wired in switches (two relays and a dimmer), 3 RR501 and some lamp modules in a 1800sq-f house with _old_ wiring. The old wiring means that most outlets are GFI.

I am at the point where I am going to need to put down some coin... Either into the x10 system to make it robust, or on the next idea. From what I can tell with x10, even if I make it robust now, it might not remain that way. Especially considering I want to increase the number of devices.

As for the "next idea" I am leaning towards Insteon, but I am open to suggestions and opinions and I will be removing the x10 devices when I install any new technology.

The only caveats are that I will need a computer interface (I know Insteon has one) and that it must work well, I have a Fiancee who is allowing it to happen, but is not impressed so far.

Thanks for your advice...

Anthony

Hosting Services by ipHouse