The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday September 15, 2009 at 12:48
Bonavox
Select Member
May 2008
On September 15, 2009 at 12:25, 39 Cent Stamp said...

At AVS someone said this goes against code. Does it go against code? If so does anyone know why?

Why is the mighty Stamp allowing the knuckle heads at AVS to cloud his judgment?

I'm not planning on using it just curious. First thing i though of was maybe its because it could be confused as high voltage but i really have no idea.

Thanks.

Remember the NEC is not a U.S. law, rather it collects the requirements for safe electrical installations and puts it into on comprehensive guide.

It's up to the local jurisdiction to enforce what part of the NEC they see fit.

In my state the only licensing need is for security and I'm "assuming" that if lamp cord is only being used as "low voltage" wiring then their would be no violation of any NEC code.

If you using it to pass 120v then you probably have some issues. Most notably the lack of any ground wire and the fact you probably don't have a license to run high voltage wire.

And as other have pointed out CL rating, but is that enforced in all states on low voltage wire.
Bill's Electric & Home Theater & Plumbing & Automation & Small Engine Repair, and Animal Removal Services......did I mention we do remotes also?

Hosting Services by ipHouse