Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 86 made on Monday December 4, 2000 at 23:58
Don
Historic Forum Post
So do all currently available pronto and rc5000 remotes have bad lcds? I was going to bid on a silver one that is posted on ebay but now will wait for further info. I also spoke today from someone at Philips Pronto to ask them if there will be a trade up or send in and modify onlder tsu1000 to the new 2 meg one tsu2000. The person said at this time they will not be doing any such thing. I also asked her about buying a silver one in the u.s. and needing a warranty repair. Said I would have to send it back to the country it was purchased from. Not a great big of a deal. Then I asked her if after the one year warranty period, could I get it repaird at the local philips repair store. She said that they don't repair them. If you have a problem during the one year, they just send you a replacement. "If I could find someone to repair it I should do that." That sucks. One las thing. Does anyone know if you can upgrade the flash memory yourself? I've seen someone post that the lcd screen can be replaced.
Thanks
Don

Hosting Services by ipHouse