The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 53 made on Thursday July 6, 2000 at 03:59
Mike Huggins
Historic Forum Post
Okay here we go then !!

I received back the Pronto from one of my customers who was not happy with the screen.

To go back to my previous post:
There are, shall we say, three types of Pronto:
1. US Pronto (grey/green case)
2. UK Pronto with the red dot for the light sensor (which never was installed) - we'll call this V1
3. UK pronto withOUT the red dot. We'll call this V2.

I loaded all three Prontos with the CCF that my customer had installed (it was a nice one too !). The idea being to compare all three.

I was quite amazed by the outcome and think you all will be too !

I insisted on having an "innocent bystander" there too (this was in the shape of my 60+ year old electrician doing some work on the house, who himself knows nothing about remote controls)

I put all three next to each other in a LIGHT room.
We both agreed (and I made him comment first) that the V2 (!!) was the easiest to read. The screen background is sort of silver/grey compared to a sort of silver/green of the V1 and the US.

Then I tried them all in a DARK room with the backlight lit. The V2 stuck out as being by far the brightest. It was MUCH easier to read that the others.

Obviously these finding are my/our personal comments and opinions, and anyone could decide different. I guess it's personal taste. I would have to agree that *** none *** of them quite live up to the wonderful screen shot on the cover the box of the Pronto though !!

So there you have it. Now what ?!!

Mike
http://letsautomate.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse