Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 50 made on Wednesday July 5, 2000 at 08:10
David B.
Historic Forum Post
As with most things, the look of an LCD screen is a relative experience. Remember the first screen that PALM devices had? No one complained about that screen's quality until the newer models came out with a much sharper LCD.

I'm perfectly happy with my Pronto. It's not because I like or hate the screen. I'm happy because it allows me to make my complicated home theater setup simple enough for everyone to use reliably. It's the best human>technology interface/strategy as a remote control that I've ever seen.

Sure, they could put an even nicer looking and higher resolution LCD on the pronto. We'd all wish we had that one instead of whatever we have now (good or bad). Then they'll come out with the color version, and we'll all regret the one we have (bad, good, or highrez). Then they'll figure out how to get a TV preview image right on the pronto's color screen. Of course we'll all wish we had that one (instead of the bad, good, highrez, or color model we have).

Ya know what? If the software of that new color PIP pronto isn't any better than the software in my old pronto, then I personally don't see any real need to upgrade. At this moment in time the pronto remains THE best universal remote control out there. No matter what the price or quality of LCD. Good Job, Philips.

Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse