Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 47 made on Friday June 30, 2000 at 17:10
Ryan Carney
Historic Forum Post
Sounds like a good idea Mike H. Your store has an excellent reputation on this site. Still, I have to say the difference I saw was outstanding! I did my comparison with Dan Tonks's CCF in both units and it was rediculous. I'll admit that I'm a picky consumer but this was unacceptable...whatever the reason. basically, it looks like Philips got cheap and cut some corners! Their engineers had to know about this...I often suspect that a few of you out there might possibly be engineers affiliated with Philips( Especially after I got a good look at the CCf's depicted in the Pronto advertisment which is currently running in various audio/video mags).At any rate, This unit costs around $400.00w/charger these days so I think a decent LCD is within reason. MAJ, I have to disagree with you. It's a "TouchScreen Remote"...obviously the LCD screen is every bit as important as functionality! If I didn't care about the LCD, I'd buy a remote with hard buttons only. If the look of the graphic interface wasn't important, what's the point of this site. Function is extremelly important, but I'd bet more than half of the people who frequent this site are here to download graphics (buttons, frames, logos, etc.)...and, I'm sure thet bought the pronto for that reason! Whats the point of having a user customizable graphic interface if you can't see it? Philips cut corners and got caught! Hopefully they'll switch back to a better LCD.

Hosting Services by ipHouse