The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 45 made on Friday June 30, 2000 at 03:33
Mike Huggins
Historic Forum Post
Hi all

Okay, well being a reseller of the Pronto and RC5000 I have the odd few laying around...

I have a US version with active BL sensor, about 18 months - 2 years old, a Euro model with BL sensor WINDOW (call it V1), and a Euro model withOUT the window (call it V2), I have a RC5000 V2 but that was a DOA return and wouldn't fire up :-(

I put all three next to each other, in a dark room, and when the BL was active couldn't tell much difference between the units. The BL was slightly NOT as bright on V1 - this completely contradicts what has been said above.

The V2 and US both had a BL exactly as strong as each other.

In a bright room, the V2's screen when NOT operative (ie: it was off) looks sort of grey, but the other two looked sort of greenish.

I found all types to be perfectly useable, but agree that there are differences.

I spoke with Barry yesterday (two threads above), and he sees the "fuzziness" as others describe. So he has agreed to return the unit, with his CCF still intact, and I will see if I can see what he is talking about. Assuming I can, then I will load his CCF into all the Prontos I have and see what they all look like.

Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse