Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 51 made on Saturday September 12, 2009 at 17:51
Audible Solutions
March 2004
I asked some at the Lutron booth how they expected to differentiate Homeworks from Radio Ra2 since most systems are not composed of more than 200 loads. I never received a good answer. The problem is, what idiot would design a decentralized 100 load system, other than a salon who could sell but not manage anything else?

For the time being it will be a restricted line; even Homeworks dealers will have to become certified, something I'd wager is a mere technicality.

Programming a lighting system is hardly what I'd call programming. It's somewhere between configuration--how alarm panels are programmed --and GUI code, say Systembuilder. Where the rubber meets the road is when you have a problem, fixing an issue with a link, fixing strange load issues and that sort. Programming a Homeworks system is hardly difficult. I suspect I could train my 13 year old daughter to do it in about 30 minutes. Lutron intentionally makes programming so simple even AV techs can program it.

How can you distinguish your Homeworks programming? Conditionals? Automatic Sequences? Sure, a great design would be to build a conditional on day and night and have every button programmed to recall different lighting scenes based upon day or night. Then you should build a timer into every button so that the load attached to that button automatically dims down based upon a occupency sensor. Or install a light sensor and based upon intensity recall different scenes.

Alan
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse