Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday June 8, 2000 at 21:39
Ryan Carney
Historic Forum Post
Let me give you all even more information. I purchased the U.S. version of the pronto almost a year ago. It has an active light sensor. The LCD looks incredible. It has a very bright backlight and the icons are crisp. Last week, I ordered a silver pronto and docking station from etronix.com. I immediately noticed the LCD looked shitty. It's dim and washed out and the Icons look soft. I did all the tests. Shut the door, turned out the lights, fired up both LCD's and it was laughable. No comparison. I played with the contrast wheel and it only got worse! The LCD is a dimm blue instead of bright green. The bottons lack color and appear soft. I even exchanged battery packs and the result was the same. I figured it had to be a bad unit so I returned it to Etronix. They sent me a new one which arrived on Wed. Same result...no comparison what so ever in the LCD's. Two faulty units? Probably not! So know I'm thinking there might be something wrong with these new prontos that lack the active light sensor. Look at it this way...If I didn't already own an older pronto, I would never know there was anything wrong with the LCD. I would have nothing to compare it to. I would think the LCD looked great and the remote was amazing. Maybe I'm just unlucky here, but, if I purchased a pronto recently I would want to find someone with an older version of the U.S. pronto and compare the LCD's. There is a chance that some of you out there aren't getting your money's worth. Here are the serial numbers of the 2 Silver prontos:
1. PL 02 0008 01 1067
2. PL 02 0009 012123

I'd appreciate any input or help on this one. Thanks in advance!

Ryan Carney

Hosting Services by ipHouse