Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday September 8, 2009 at 18:30
Guy Palmer
June 2008
On September 8, 2009 at 09:53, jaybbb said...
So with control over the IR i will be able to see the temperature set on the AC but it will only be because the first time it set it up at a number and after that the Pronto will know that because i increased by one it will be number +1 right ?

On my AC, all the IR codes include temperature levels (e.g. 20degC) rather than temperature increments (e.g. +1degC). Although I have a temperature increment button on the original remote control, what it is in fact doing is incrementing the temperature last set ON THE REMOTE and then sending that incremented temperature to the AC UNIT. Unlike thermostats, my AC unit has no concept of "a temperature it is set to" - rather, it simply responds to IR codes sent, each of which contains a complete set of parameters.

Similarly, my AC remote also has an 'on' button but there is no "ON" IR code that it can send. Rather, the remote itself remembers what temperature, mode, swing etc parameters it was last set to and, when the 'on' button is pressed, it sends a complete code including all these parameters.

Maybe AC units work differently where you (or Barry) live.

Hosting Services by ipHouse