Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Sunday September 6, 2009 at 00:06
OTAHD
October 2005
Yep - I'll have to see if I can't find a picture of my old Proscan remote. The thing was huge - had a flip cover on the top and was horizontally laid out - literally had a million buttons. But it had a separate button for each menu (setup, video, audio, etc), for each PIP function, etc.

As a testament to its quality, I've had it for 15 years now, and through heavy use as my main TV for 10 years and now a secondary TV, not a single button has failed. And the TV still works as good as new - as do all the other RCA's. I did have to replace a power supply for a family member in one - but considering there's 20+ of them within my family, one power supply isn't bad.

The fact that the inputs were on 90-92 was nice as they were able to be accessed easily. And to watch 90-92, you would just tune like 126-128 or something. Only thing with all the old RCA TV's is I don't believe they could get cable channels 93-97...not that they were used at the time anyway.

The only thing about them working so good is that I never have an excuse to replace them.
LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse