The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Wednesday August 26, 2009 at 23:38
BillKen
Long Time Member
July 2005
Just an update for both Jason and John. It does appear that the code for both CC and Resolution change are working.

I think the issue with the CC command in particular - is that after sending it - I have to turn my cable box off - then back on and CC is on. It will turn the CC off at anytime - however - after pressing it to turn it on - it's almost as if the cable box can't process the command until it's turned off then on again and then CC is on. Not sure why but I don't think it has anything to do with the code Jason came up with - I think it's a shortcoming of the box.

Regardless - even in this state - it's a LOT better than the old way we had to turn CC on and off - which was press power on the box - hit menu - use the arrow pad to scroll to CC - hit enter - scroll to CC on/off menu - hit menu - press power. Obviously at 5am when my wife wants to run on her treadmill and watch tv with the sound off - she doesn't appreciate having to go through all that fuss. This will be a much better solution even with the power cycle needing to be done.

Thank you again.

Last edited by BillKen on August 26, 2009 23:47.

Hosting Services by ipHouse