Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 708 made on Wednesday August 26, 2009 at 15:06
411avatar
Long Time Member
October 2003
Managing Multiple Lists in SNL

If, like myself, you use Supernudelist to manage multiple lists you probably find yourself making multiple, repetitive entries whenever you update the lists. I, for example, have two separate remotes, with a total of 6 different lists between them. Changing the lists requires respecifying input and output ccfs and, in my case, import file path and csv column mapping (I manage my CDs in an Excel file). These parameters are all stored in the Registry, so maintaining separate copies of the SNL directory (as I do for other reasons) does nothing to obviate the need to re-enter these parameters every time I change the lists. With help from SNL co-developer and guru Lyndel McGee I have discovered a more convenient way to set up these parameters. For each of my lists I create a .reg file (by using Regedit to export the Nudelist subtree). I then create a .bat file (using Notepad, for example) which contains the following:

@echo off
cd
reg import xxxx.reg
start "" "SuperNudelist 2.0.0.8"

where xxxx.reg is the name for the exported registry subtree. I store the .reg and .bat files in the local directory, and place a shortcut to the .bat file on the desktop. Double clicking the shortcut causes the registry to be modified with the contents of the .reg file, and then starts SNL, all without additional mouse clicks or keyboard entries.

Hosting Services by ipHouse