The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday August 26, 2009 at 09:39
johnsfine
IR Expert
September 2002
On August 24, 2009 at 12:16, BillKen said...
I have an email in to my buddy that works at Armstrong

I think you better send another and ask about the new symptom.

On August 25, 2009 at 23:28, BillKen said...
It seems to only send an "off" command for CC to my Pace box - if I manually turn CC on on the box - that code will turn it back off - but it will not turn CC on.

This is a very simple IR protocol and it is almost impossible to get a symptom like that from imperfectly encoding the signal in Pronto Hex or imperfectly sending it.

The only plausible explanation is that this is what function 0x2B does. It just turns CC off, it isn't a toggle.

Maybe they intended a toggle and programmed the firmware wrong and no one tested it before you. Maybe they intended it as a discrete (change the state in just one direction) and hopefully they made a different function to turn CC on.

On August 26, 2009 at 06:33, Jasonvp said...
The Pace Box is using G.I.Cable IR Protocol and I don`t have any experience with this Protocol. Maybe John Fine might be able to help you out if he reads this Thread again.

Nothing is strange about the G.I.Cable IR Protocol. Either of us could easily generate all 256 possible functions. If 0x2B was designed as a discrete OFF for CC, maybe some other function is a discrete ON or a toggle.

I've read conflicting things about how cooperative Harmony is when someone wants to do a function search (asks them to add a full set of 256 Pronto Hex strings to an account so the user can test each one and see what it does).

Finding out from Armstrong what functions they really put in the firmware would make this much less work for both Bill and Harmony.

Jason has correctly identified the information needed to translate any function from the form Armstrong knows into Pronto Hex (If he had been wrong, the signal he provided would have done absolutely nothing. Partial operation means the translation to Pronto Hex was completely correct.), so there is no longer any reason to discuss Pronto Hex with anyone at Armstrong.

Last edited by johnsfine on August 26, 2009 09:47.

Hosting Services by ipHouse