The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Sunday August 23, 2009 at 10:20
johanj
Long Time Member
January 2008
I have been taking a few steps towards a complete TV guide for the 9400. The solution need a running windows computer with girder installed. The girder script can be used with Girder pro version 4 or 5. Girder is not free. I’m not sure if the free download trial version is a pro version or not.

XMLTV is free and configs are available for many countries, see link:
[Link: wiki.xmltv.org]

XMLTV grabs the TV-guide data and store it in a XML file on the PC. This takes a couple of seconds and is I use girder to schedule this once a day.

Girder side:
I wrote a server LUA script that rely one the plugin XLMTV for all the searching in the XLM file, se link below for Girder XMLTV plug-in
[Link: promixis.com]

Pronto config:
The number of now and next listings for each channel can be changed with two hard buttons. Up and down arrows browse through the channel list. Right and left arrow adds and subtracts one hour to the listed time, all the tv listings forward in time from the xml file can be browsed in this way. The update on the screen is almost instant because of the setup with a server side; not much has to be processed on the Pronto side.  

I have just started to use the module on the pronto, I have used the simulator for development. A lot more should be added in the future, progress bar, show info pop-up panel, one page with only listing for one channel including channel logo and progress bar. Search can also easily be implemented; the work will be handled by the xmltv plug-in so it shouldn’t be hard to add on.
I’m not sure when and if I will add these features; I do not have so much time to play with this toy during the autumn.

Some pictures:
[Link: picasaweb.google.co.uk]

Hosting Services by ipHouse