The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Friday August 21, 2009 at 12:11
HDTV Junkee
Lurking Member
August 2009
From the picture shown above, I think that you need to criss-cross the feeds at 1 and 4. (ie X pattern then straight for two feed-points and then criss-cross once again).

I have three of these built (various materials and sizes -- but mostly from coat hangers or thicker 1/8 " steel that has been bent to form the wiskers).

All work to various degrees considering my attic contraints (35 ft vertical and 49 ft cable -- RG6 (wife won't let me put anything outside).

Through a reverse splitter (Mississuaga area) can get 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 4.1, 7.1, 17.1/2/3, 23.1, -- across water -- then 5.1, 9.1, 11.1 (18.1), 25.1, 36.1, 41.1, 44.1, 57.1, 64.1, 66.1 very well. With reflectors (old window screens 2.5 ft by 4ft covered by tin foil).

Then on many occasions 26.1/26.2 (Jamestown) come in.

And then at certain times (late at night or early in morning -- crisp air) 45.1, 16.1 and 21.1 from Rochester come in.

The same goes for 54.1/2/3/4 and 22.1/2/3 from Erie. And very late at night for only about an hour or two, I get 29.1/2, 49.1/2 and 51.1/2/3/4.

Note that right behind me and to the Buffalo side are two very tall townhouse complexes -- 50 ft to the rooftops.

---------------------------

Recently, I have experiemented with the following -- a metal ring from an old dart-board -- fairly good success -- no balun, just RG6 directly to the TV. -- A copper dish -- no balun, just RG6 directly to the TV.

And finally very recently a smashed front CAR FENDER with a single copper wire through it in a similar pattern to the coat hanger antenna -- with a balun (300 to 75 ohm). Copper wire is attached only to one side of the metal screws. I was plensantly surprised to pick up all of the Buffalo and Toronto stations on one antenna (fender). I know it sounds crazy, but it works. No Erie and no Rochester. But 49.1/2 came in for longer periods. No 26.1/2.

When I get some time over the next couple weeks, I may add another short copper wire which criss-crosses) the first and see if it makes any difference to strenth during high humidity weather patterns.

Hope my comments help others.

Hosting Services by ipHouse